“Design is way too important to
be left to a bunch of designers”
Velvet Run is Velvet’s internship program for a new age. Applying design principles and methods has less to do with Photoshop skills and more to do with how you go about creating meaningful change. It’s a way to make sense of the world.
This program is a unique learning experience that very quickly and intensely delivers everything you will encounter in your journey forward with us or elsewhere.
It is perfect for you if you are a young designer, copywriter, software developer, project manager or just a person who would like to find their spot in the creative industries.
How does this work?
It's really simple:
1. Fill in the application form, do tell us as much as you can, as this information will be the first basis of selection for us.
2. We will select 20 people from all the applicants and ask you to present yourself in an open Pecha-Kucha night format.
3. We will pick 6-8 of you for the Sprint Track, where you'll spend 5 very intense Design Sprint days with us working on a real client brief.
4. Following the sprint we continue for another week or so working as a full member of our team on real client projects with a dedicated mentor at your side.
5. Then you’ll be able to apply for the LongTrack, an internship the terms of which will be agreed separately. You’ll also have a proverbial foot-in-the-door when we need a somebody to join us on a more permanent basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I’m a just a graphic design student, can I still apply?
A: Yes. You should definitely apply now.
Q: I don't speak English, is that a problem?
A: Yes. How are you even reading this? Our team and tools are
international, no English - no fly.
Q: I am currently working as a *position here* at one of your competitors, can I apply?
A: Yes, just make sure you have the time to do it (take a vacation, perhaps) and that your boss knows you are participating (we don't need any angry phone calls)
Q: What is an open Pecha-Kucha night?
A: Pecha-Kucha night is a presentations event, in which each presenter delivers his/her message with 20 slides, showing each slide 20 seconds. This enables you to present your message in a compact 6 and a half minutes. Please get familiar with the format at pechakucha.org
Q: I'm way too advanced for all of this, can I get right to the LongTrack?
A: Confidence is key. Please state your case by dropping a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. #nopromises
Q: I wanna do this, but I'm too shy or the dates don’t match :(
A: As we see it, you’ve got two options: wait for the next session (in January) or write to us at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
Q: Am I going to get paid?
A: Not for the FastTrack. LongTrack is negotiable.